Friday, October 2, 2009

Re-connected

After several emails and a marathon telephone call I can happily say that it feels good to be reconnected to Cindy. We call each other Sister. Its appropriate because she's always been my sister.

Hour after hour of chatting and reminiscing peeled back the distance and years. I got the answers that I was seeking and I've been assured that by opening the door, reconnecting would not be the fatal experience that I've both dreamed of and dreaded, all this time. There was nothing she told me yesterday that came as any big surprise. In fact, I was delighted to find out that a lot of my assumptions were right on the money. Things played out pretty much exactly as I had predicted. I have no regrets. I know I chose the right path. The only thing I wish I could have done better was to keep that channel open with Cindy.

Being only kids and having our lives shift so dramatically from year-to-year would have made that virtually impossible anyway. I'm relieved that she forgives the transgressions of not being able to keep better tabs on each other. I feel light.

No comments:

Post a Comment