Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday

Oh I am so sick. Stupid cold. E got it and gave it to L and L gave it to Mommy. It was my thought that if I were to get sick that this was the week for it. I determined last Saturday that after the race I was going to take the week off as a rest week. Gentle stretching and just puttering around the house to let me legs heal from those crazy hills and that sudden burst of energy that had me sprinting to the finish line. I was hoping that I'd be back to robust health before Tuesday. I'm not exactly sure that will happen.

E is back to school after a week off and I couldn't be happier about that prospect. L and I will hit a park or a McD's playland tomorrow to help him burn off some energy before we attempt to sit in a waiting room for an hour while E gets his second session of testing. Then they get to go to soccer with dad when he gets home from work leaving me alone for a whole hour before dinner time. Hmmm what will I do with a whole hour to myself?

Today hasn't been a great food day but not necessarily a horrible one. I got up all fuzzy-headed and drank a cup of coffee. Took my vitamins and finished up my grocery list. Did the groceries, picked up Tim's and headed over to Stroud's for apples and garlic. I got a peck of Northern Spies and I'm guarding the bag with a jealous eye. I need to make room in the fridge for them or I'll have to store them in the basement to keep them fresh.

Decided to go with something spicy for dinner in attempts to help evict this cold. I didn't even break a sweat :( The beer was really good though. I'm a little light headed now LOL

The plan was:

Breakfast: only coffee and vitamins (I should have had some oatmeal...oh well)

Lunch: Tim's large decaf w/cream. Nacho's (about 15 Amy's chili & lime tortilla chips with 1/4 c of shredded cheddar. 1/4 c re-fried beans. 1/4c guacamole and 1/4 tomato salsa)

Snack: Camomile & lemon tea

Dinner: Catfish and Shrimp Etouffée served with brown rice. 2 Corona lites Drank one while I made the roux...that's how you know when its ready. It takes the amount of time it takes a regular person to drink 1 beer. hiccup :D Drank the other with dinner.

Snack: Apple with 1tbsp Almond Butter & decaf tea.

Kids are in bed at 7:30. I'm either going to watch the second hour of the Grey's Premiere and knit or just knit for an hour or so but definitely in bed and lights out by 10pm. But before they go I need to look up the classes October calendar online to make sure that E doesn't need something special for school tomorrow. Sometimes it feels more like I've got homework then he does.

Hoping for better health tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment