Sunday, January 17, 2010

Exhausted

Its supposed to be winter but it sure doesn't feel like it. The high for the day was 2C and it was overcast but gorgeous. I keep looking to the sky waiting for the dump of snow to hit. Its going to come....I can feel it. This is too good to be true.

The alarm clock went off at 6 am. It took me a few moments to realize what that was. I was actually dreaming that an alarm clock was going off. Of course, I hit the snooze and rolled right back over without skipping a beat. I was chatting with Martha Stewart about which way to hang the toilet paper. I'm an over the roll girl. She had other opinions. Eyes pop open. Damn, it was 6:36 and I was already behind schedule.

Popped my Spelt Blueberry Pancakes into the microwave and managed to put a half decent pot of coffee together. Before I turned out my light at midnight (yes, I was up too late reading in bed again, bad, bad habit!) I asked hubby what the magic formula was and managed to actually remember it when I would not have been able to recall my own name. It was torture having to stand there and wait for the coffee to trickle down into the pot.
Then I turned on my laptop and ventured back upstairs to collect the kids. Got comfy on the couch with coffee and breakfast and logged in to discover that my run partner, the ever wonderful Sheree was still under the weather. I was half disappointed and half relieved. I was scraping rock bottom for any sort of energy and I would have been the weakest link today. I did go out for my run. Left the house about 9 am (the boys were off to the gym to swim in the pool) and headed south. A simple out and back. 9km. I know I was only supposed to do 8 but what the hell? Got back in the door just after the guys returned home. Soaked in a hot shower for what felt like forever then had a nice yogurt, blueberry kashi parfait.

Lunch was leftovers from last night. Half a roasted chicken breast with balsamic bell peppers and Camembert mashed potatoes and broccoli.

I ate this lunch while hovering over a pot of navy beans that I was boiling. I plan to use them in a Navy Bean Turkey Sausage Soup tomorrow. I almost forgot that I had been soaking them. Yikes that could have been gross!





I've been toying with a vegan diet. I'm not sure I could give meat up entirely but I see no harm in making my diet mostly vegan. So to get with the spirit I made these wonderful brown rice mushroom burgers.

All I could say upon first bite was OMG!! I did it again. This even trumped my homemade yogurt! They had exactly the same mouth feel of ground beef and were moist like a good burger. I can honestly say that I might not ever go back to a beef burger now that I'm making these. They were that freaking good. I paired it with some green onion yogurt chips. Ah heaven. Have I mentioned that I'm hopelessly addicted to food. Well who wouldn't be when it's this good.



I'm still really dragging my butt and my legs are a bit sore. I could only think it was because the sidewalks were so icy that I had to alter my stride to keep from landing on my head. My plan for the rest of the night is to soak in the tub with my book. Hopefully, I can put it down at a decent hour so that I can catch up on my sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment