Monday, March 15, 2010

Ouchie!

I'm not sure how I managed to do this but I've really hurt myself. I might have tweaked myself a little when I hopped off the sidewalk to avoid a lake or just plain over used that part of my body. I think its a groin pull. Hopefully, a first degree groin pull.

I have been in excruciating pain since I cooled down and stretched after my 16K which I finished without any degree of pain. I did have a weird feeling at the top of my inner thigh but nothing that hurt when I touched it or when I took a step. So I didn't think any thing of it. I was on my way back from my run and there wouldn't have been any cutting it short anyway.
I have been using hubby's hockey stick as a cane after spending the late afternoon in bed with my leg up on two pillows and dying in pain anytime I moved it. Of course by that point the Tylenol had worn off and I was 1,000 miles away from the pill bottle. I love my boys but I'd never send them on the errand to get the bottle and bring it to me. I had the horrible thought that one of them would think it was candy. My bottle is not child-proof.

So now I'm finishing this up and heading to bed. It is very early but I have a feeling I will not be getting much sleep tonight. Good thing that husband can work from home tomorrow after taking the boys to their camp. I couldn't walk from the car to the door of the Dojo without Sensi running out to help (practically carry) me in and get the kids ready and put into the car.

Farg. I don't even want to think of what this will mean for me training. I'm so miffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment