Monday, July 12, 2010

The Weekend in Review

Friday was a dreamy day. Ok so it rained a lot and I was very busy but it was a good kind of busy. I got all the cake baked, buttercream prepared and fondant done up and waiting for the moment when I could decorate the cake (once I put the boys to bed). Then headed out in the rain to have a wonderful lunch with Sheree.

After lunch I had an hour to blow before picking up the kids so I spent it lingering over a Starbucks coffee and the book stacks. Of course I came out with another quilt book. Then with my creative juices charged I bee-lined right to Whitby Fabrics and purchased almost all the fabric I needed for my new project. There is just one fabric left to obtain in order to do the patchwork top. The allusive soft sage green flora print.

The rest of the night was spent decorating this cake. Cute isn't it? We did L's birthday in the Toy Story theme. Though this year I decided to take it slightly easier. I was originally going to sculpt the figures from gum paste but went with the plastic figurines that he could keep. This actually worked out even better because he loves these little guys.

When all the candles were lit it was quit the sight! I still have to download all the pictures from the weekend.

We took the boys to Cedar Park to do some mini putt and then a nice picnic. After we rested a bit we headed into the splash pad. Wow was that fun. For hubby and I there would have been zero desire to go over to the big slides. It was way too much fun just to stick it out in the kids area. We couldn't have gotten more wet.

Yesterday was an odd day. My time no matter how I planned it out was not my own. I was in and out of the house all day. Finally after the boys went to bed I got to work on two superhero capes for the boys. I was up until 11:30 but the results were so cute. My little superheros...my heart.

I love being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment