Sunday, August 15, 2010

Projects Anonymous

Project overdrive, RED ALERT...whooop whooop whooop *siren sounds*

I'm just about done my latest project. I'll be happy to install the stain glass window this week. I took a little time off to finish the creative part of the doing. It looks pretty good. A little wild but I like it. I definitely reflects my frame of mind lately. I'll post pictures of the installed art piece soon.

I got the itch to return to the craft store and spent a few minutes browsing the yarn. Daydreaming up new projects when I realized that I have not yet finished my other knitted afghans. I put back the 6 skenes of this fabulous Alpacha wool and quickly picked up what I was really there for and got out while the getting was good.

Seems I need to back track and finish up some old projects before I move on to my next bit of whimsy. The list is getting long!

  • Scarf
  • Stained Glass panels for the windows flanking the front door
  • Green knitted afghan needs backing, batten and binding done with a ribbon treatment.
  • Blue knitted afghan needs to be washed and blocked. Haven't decided if I'll add tassels or not.
  • A romantic Victorian styled quilt for me
  • Denim quilts for the boys

But before I can do any of that I need to get this window installed and start in on E. and L.'s Halloween costumes: Yoshi and Toad. I'll be making my own patterns for those. Should be interesting and likely take up the full two months prior to the happy day.

Geshhh...It's no wonder I never have energy for cleaning *snort*

No comments:

Post a Comment