Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Day After The Prediction

What can I say....dude knows his shit!  There was no chance of him seeing his shadow on the ground yesterday.  We got a nice sized snow dump and the sun never peaked out behind the clouds.

Though we pretty much knew we'd declare a snow day it didn't exempt us from being up early.  What can I say?  I've got young kids.  Once I made the executive decision after consulting the authorities...Facebook; Twitter; CP24; and then the view from the front porch, I began pouring what would be an endless stream of coffee.

We huddled together on the couch to watch the footage of our favourite vermin. Punxsutawney Phil.  He is the oracle of all things related to spring predictions.  If he says it then it must be so!  Right?

But just in case, I'm going to try and wring out whatever fun I can get in the next few months.  The snowshoe running was hard, thrilling and offered a chance to take the road/trail less traveled and that has made all the difference!

Sheree, Frank and I (and their two beautiful dogs, Muggins and Sam) exploring the trails in Durham Region.










No comments:

Post a Comment