Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sick Week

It's that time of year again.  Cootie Week.  The week where it's guaranteed everyone in our house will be good and sick.  Doctors will be visited.  Rx's will be filled.  Vows to take vitamins daily and eat broccoli will be made.  Noses will be wiped raw and in my case, my voice will once again be lost.

Already I'm on the couch.  Hot drink, Kleenex box and Halls on stand-bye.  Got the netti pot ready for service with it's trusty Vicks Vaporub side kick.

The kids having been sick before me are starting to rally with an abundance of trapped energy and I'll resort to desperate measures.  Yep, play dough, craft center and a stock pile of kid friendly movies.  Already the living room looks like a tornado hit it and it's only 8:30 am.  Lego, stuffies, blankets, books, toys, and a full deck of playing cards have been scattered with reckless abandon.  "Yay! Mom's sick....she's defenceless....STRIKE NOW!!"

It's so not fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment