Thursday, December 22, 2011

All I Want for Christmas

I hate being asked what I want for Christmas.  I always draw a complete blank.  I like to interpret that blank as meaning that I don't need anything more than what I've already got.

This morning I got up and got my usual cup of coffee and was poking through the facebook statuses when I came across one that said "how would you feel if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"  I paused with that thought.  Yes, it's a good thought.  What did I thank God for yesterday?  Well I can tell you what I didn't thank God for...I didn't thank him for jewellery, botox or cars.  Expensive purses or smart phones.  A house that's too big to clean, in the time span of one morning.

I've got just what I need.  I have the love a great man.  Two wonderful kids.  Enough food to eat and a warm disorganized house.  Friends whom I love and respect.  The skills to survive and make beautiful things from scraps that someone else might discard.  The God's good sense to enjoy what is put before me without tearing it apart to make something that could never be, as good as, the real thing.

Other than that....all I've asked for is snow.  I'd really like to have a White Christmas to marvel.

No comments:

Post a Comment