At least I feel shameful about it. At this late an age why is it that certain things and certain people still have the ability to run roughshod over me? The truth is that the person who likes to stir the pot ought to feel the shame but she only does it because she knows she can. She has gotten the better of me and that I'm afraid is my fault. She knows that I will not unleash on her. It makes me appear weak. She found the chink in my armour. Time to get new armour.
The things I'm learning from this:
- Loyalty: A forgotten character trait.
- Trust: Must be earned. It is no longer a given at the beginning of any relationship.
- Actions: Speak the truth about one's character, before one can defend their actions with justification.
- That standing your ground and having faith in yourself is sometimes the only thing you have.
- That I'll be unleashing that ugly side of me in order to preserve the better side of me (but only to the truly deserving of it).
- That in the face of adversity you can be fortified. I'm fiercer and more motivated to smash every single one of my goals now than I was yesterday.
So dear "frenemy" and "pot stirrer" thank you. Through your lack of ethics, lack of loyalty and your poor character along with your petty actions you've made me bigger, stronger and more successful than I would have been without you. I'm bringing my A game. What have you got?
Better not flinch!